Communication is an amazing way to transfer your thoughts and feelings. It includes facial expressions, gestures, and most importantly sounds. Like human beings, animals also use more or less same ways of communication that define that animals have also important components of childhood development that are cognition, perception, and reasoning. Although they communicate through different sounds, but some of them are blessed with special abilities and they can talk in similar language in which they are trained. Talking Pets are famous all around the world. People love to have such pets that have extra ordinary quality of talking like human beings and parrots are one among them.
How to train a talking parrot:
If you have a talking parrot, you must get him talking. Here are the few tips that will help you train your talking pet language at home.
- Start your parrot’s talking training after it is six months old. Start the training immediately because young pets learn faster as compared to older pets.
- Develop some rapport with your talking pet first. It should be familiar with you and make it feel that you love it, care for it, and have affection for it. Rapport can be developed through spending some time on daily basis with your talking parrot and give treats.
- Always keep the parrot’s cage in a place where it can easily see people moving around at home. For example, living room, and so on. It will help to improve the socialization process of the parrot.
- Begin with short words and give reward at each effort of mimicry. Actually parrots do mimic.
- Associate a word with an action to teach your parrot. Parrots like movements and actions therefore, they learn both things together. If you make action of shaking the hand while teaching it to say hello, it will always say hello whenever you will show this type of action.
- Turn-off the TV when you are giving the talking lessons to your lovely parrot.
- Parrots can learn to call out a specific phrase when you show a specific object. This can be easily done through practice and attributing a phrase with an object.
It is an old saying: “learning through fun and playing is easier”. This happens similar with talking pets. It will take some time to teach a parrot to talk. Although it is slow process, but should continue. I hope, you will enjoy and have fun with your talking pet all the time.